Search This Blog

3.12.2010

mini-meatloaves

Luke and I bought a 1/4 cow from our friend Christa's family farm.....I have been making a lot of beef dishes since then - we have a freezer full of ground beef and steaks.  I love it.  We always have meat on hand and there are so many things you can do with ground beef.  This was my first time ever making meatloaf and it was awesome.  I added grated onion (as the juices enhance the onion flavor better than chopping), worchestershire, A1 sauce, ground pepper, egg and salt.  I made brown gravy (omit or use gluten-free gravy mix) to go over the meatloaf and roasted parsnips and green beans for sides.  So good!

2 comments:

  1. Jealous. Adam and I are now vegetarians (though I'm allowed to eat meat at work and at restaurants b/c I'm still nursing), but I'm rethinking our decision after seeing your meatloaf. I love BEEF!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This particular picture doesn't do them justice: while these loves of meat were indeed mini, the picture makes it look like a pile of chocolate (which I think is a perfectly acceptable entrée). Whether fresh or reheated, these mini-meatloaves were delicious with your gravy, with ketchup (thanks, Mom), and all by themselves.

    The parsnips also deserve special mention: with a little olive oil and salt, they're better than french fries.

    How soon can we have these again?

    ReplyDelete