Search This Blog

7.19.2011

GF flour blend

I had been using purchased "gluten-free all-purpose flour blends" for months...without luck. I was having a great deal of trouble baking...and was getting really discouraged. My mother-in-law passed along a "recipe" for Wendy Wark's GF flour mix, and a box of all the necessary ingredients to make a batch. I wasn't thrilled about the idea of blending my own flours - who wants to do that?! It wasn't hard, measure and stir in a big bowl and store in an airtight container. What was I so whiny about?!

I have used this blend a few times now (as a one-to-one substitute for regular flour) with amazing results. I couldn't be happier! I can't wait for cooler weather - so I can get back into baking. I've made several batches of cookies and banana bread - using my pre-GF recipes and they've turned out wonderfully.

If you don't have a go-to GF flour blend, try this one!

Wendy Wark's GF Flour Mix:

1 cup brown rice flour
1 1/4 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup potato starch
2/3 cup tapioca starch
3/4 cup sweet rice flour
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 tsp. xanthan gum

No comments:

Post a Comment