Search This Blog

4.12.2010

The best treat in the world: S'mores cookie bars

I have recently become obsessed with Hershey's marshmallow eggs.....thankfully Easter candy is now gone from stores....because I need to stop eating these things.  However, while looking for marshmallow-based desserts online, I found this amazing website: http://www.lovintheoven.com/

The recipes all sound amazing, I found one for "S'mores Cookie Bars" and knew I would love them.  Here is a photo of the delightful treat:
I made them on Saturday, hoping that people would come for book club and eat them all.....knowing if they did not - I would.  The recipe is pretty easy and TOTALLY worth it:)

S'mores Cookie Bars:
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 and 1/3 cups all purpose flour
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 king-sized milk chocolate bars (I actually used 1/2 bag of chocolate chips)
1 and 1/2 cups marshmallow creme/fluff (not melted marshmallows)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and 8-inch square baking pan. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking powder and salt. Add to butter mixture and mix at a low speed until combined. Divide dough in half and press into an even layer on bottom of prepared pan. Place chocolate bars over dough (if using chocolate chips, spread the marshmallow fluff down first) and spread marshmallow fluff on top. Place remaining dough in single layer on top of the fluff (this last step is tricky, flatten dough into little sections and then place on top and pinch together.  Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until lightly browned. Cool completely before cutting into bars.

I recommend putting a bar in the microwave for 20 seconds before eating as the chocolate and marshmallow will get all gooey and delightful!
Here is a link directly to this recipe: http://www.lovintheoven.com/2008/12/day-11-smores-cookie-bars.html

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh. These look soooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to make these within the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are outstanding! Anything graham-cracker based is destined for deliciousness...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are wonderful...your mom brought them to Bible study last nite...I'll definitely have to add to my recipe collection!

    ReplyDelete