Search This Blog

4.23.2010

Lemon Chicken with Olives

Hmmm, the last recipe I posted also had lemons...maybe I have scurvy.  Or, now that it is summer I love using fresh, crisp flavors like lemons and limes.  This recipe comes from Real Simple and is delicious, I made it with cheese risotto and it was so yummy.  Olives are one of my most favorite foods....anyone that knows me, knows I love salt....LOVE it.  You'd think this meal would be really strong, with olives and lemon, but the flavors work really well together and are not at all overpowering.
Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. rice flour
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
2 tsp. lemon zest
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
s/p
1 1/2 pounds chicken (boneless skinless)
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 shallots, sliced thin (I used a 1/4 of a white onion)
1 cup pitted green olives
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley, chopped
1/2 cup dry white wine (like Sauvignon Blanc)
Directions:
Mix the flour, cumin, zest, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/2 tsp. pepper on a flat plate. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels and dredge in the flour mixture.

Heat 1 Tbsp. of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken until golden brown and transfer to a plate.

Wipe out the skillet and return to medium heat. Heat the remaining oil. Add the shallots (or onion) and cook until soft, stir in the olives, parsley, lemon juice and wine and bring to a boil. Return the chicken to the pan, nestling it in the olives and shallots. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, until the chicken is cooked through.

No comments:

Post a Comment