Search This Blog

2.03.2011

Tater tot hotdish

Yummm! I love this hotdish in the winter.....it is so warm, filling and satisfying. Nummy. I have really been wanting hotdishes since going gluten-free....but they are a little tricky. Most Midwestern hotdishes involve condensed soup....which can be hard to find. I found a great brand that I like, and it isn't too expensive.  For this hotdish I used Pacific brand soup. When purchasing tater tots, be sure to check the ingredients - even though the primary ingredient is potato, some brands will be coated in flour for a crispy coating when they bake. I used Trader Joe's brand, but Ore Ida are GF as well, here is a list of all the GF products from Heinz.
Ingredients:
1 pound of lean ground beef
1/2 package frozen mixed vegetables
1 box/can of condensed cream of chicken or mushroom soup
1 package frozen tater tots
1 can/jar of mushrooms

Directions:
Brown hamburger, season with salt and pepper, drain. Mix in soup, frozen veggies and mushrooms. Heat through. Transfer to a lightly greased 9x13 pan. Top with frozen tater tots and bake at 375 degrees until tater tots are crispy brown (30-40 minutes).

No comments:

Post a Comment