Search This Blog

8.08.2011

Fried Green Tomatoes

Great movie, great food. Yummmm.

This was always my favorite food item at the State Fair....now that I am GF I'll have to make it at home. I was sad to not see any green tomatoes at the farmer's market last weekend, so on our way out I asked a vendor and he had one basked of gorgeous green tomatoes - yesssssssss.

Ingredients:
3 large, firm green tomatoes
1 cup cornmeal
2 eggs
1/2 cup cornstarch
s/p
oil (for frying, I use vegetable oil) - cover a large frying pan in oil, about 1/2 inch high
Ranch dressing, for serving

Directions:
Wash and slice tomatoes:
In three shallow dishes, place cornstarch in first, eggs in next (cracked and yokes broken) and cornmeal with s/p in last. Pat tomato slices with cornstarch:
Coat in egg:
Dredge through seasoned cornmeal:
Fry in hot oil until crispy golden brown:
 
Serve with salt and Ranch dressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment