Search This Blog

2.20.2010

Lemon cupcakes with lemon-raspberry frosting


I really felt like making something light, and summery....so I tried these lemon cupcakes. It's a semi-homemade type thing...as I used store-bought cake mix and frosting. However, I bought fresh raspberries and mixed them into Betty Crocker Lemon frosting (which is not gluten-free) and added a little powdered sugar to thicken the frosting - as the moisture from the berries thinned it out a little. If you can't find a GF lemon cake mix, simply mix a box of lemon jello into a yellow cake mix (follow the instructions under the Lemon Surprise! recipe). GF lemon frosting can be made with powdered sugar and lemon juice and butter as well.

These were delightful. I love lemon cake on its own - no frosting - but this lemon-raspberry frosting is a little tart and sweet and really yummy. This is so summery......a perfect treat for February cabin-fever.


2 comments:

  1. So jealous. These look delectable. And Lu seems to be enjoying them :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look darling! I bet they were yummy too.

    ReplyDelete