Search This Blog

2.02.2010

Pita pizzas

 This is an easy, nostalgic meal. I remember making pita pizzas and english muffin pizzas when I was younger. Here are some grown up variations. The first time I tried this I used no tomato sauce, just olive oil, cheese and tomatoes, with some dried herbs sprinkled on. They were delicious. The next time I made them I used canned tomato sauce, mini pepperoni slices and green olives - my favorite (don't use regular pepperoni if you are GF!). They aren't too bad for you either, using a whole-wheat pita (or GF pita) and low-fat shredded cheese, these are a great lunch.

3 comments:

  1. i was just thinking of pita pizzas this morning! the first time i ate them i vomited later in the day...that was about 15 years ago...haven't had them since...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally remember Laura doing that. We used to make them in a skillet..so easy to do. Funny. She liked it but then promptly threw up. Probably thought about something and that did it.. But yea so easy and you can add anything you want..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It wouldn't be a Lissa pizza without green olives! Wait, who made that pizza in the top picture?

    ReplyDelete