Search This Blog

6.16.2010

Lemon Tea Cookies

As I've already posted several lemon recipes...you could probably guess that I love lemons.  LOVE the flavor. These cookies are so yummy. I am not sure where the recipe came from, when I pull recipes from a magazine I usually just tear out the page....this recipe was written on a card, so I must have gotten it from someone, though I don't know who. These cookies are light and fresh tasting. So light, in fact, that I just ate four of them with my morning coffee.  Dangerous.
Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup cornstarch
1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
3/4 cup butter, softened
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. grated lemon zest

Directions:
Whisk together flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar and salt in a bowl. Cream the butter in a large bowl with a mixer on medium, add lemon juice and zest, beating until combined.
Add the flour mixture on low speed until well mixed. Divide the dough in half, roll each half into a log. Wrap in  plastic and refrigerate for one hour.
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Cut each log into slices, arrange on a baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Bake until firm (10 to 12 minutes for 1/4 inch slices, longer for 1/2 inch slices). Transfer to wire rack to cool.
Frosting recipe:
1 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
lemon zest for garnish

Beat powdered sugar, butter and lemon juice with mixer until fluffy. Frost cookies while they are still warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment