Search This Blog

6.01.2010

Blueberry Galette


For years I thought I was allergic to blueberries. True story. A while back I ate them and had a vicious outbreak of hives and constriction in my throat. It happened again, and again after that. So, I assumed I had a berry allergy and avoided them. It was so sad, as berries are delightful. A year ago, I finally went to an allergist for testing - I am NOT allergic to berries. I simply have very reactive skin. When I eat acidic food (like berries) I break out in hives and have some swelling in my mouth and digestive tract....however, it's not a true allergy - so my breathing isn't impacted and I can't die from it. According to the doctor. It's weird......but I can eat berries again, somewhat comfortably - which is good. Because berries are awesome.
 I have other galettes pictured on this site - but I think this one is the best. I didn't use anything extra (like in the other recipes) - just a pie crust (could use GF), blueberries and some lemon zest. I brushed the crust with an egg wash and sprinkled it with sugar. So yummy.  Thank goodness I'm not allergic to berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment