Search This Blog

10.13.2010

University of Chicago: Celiac Disease Center


The University of Chicago has a Celiac Disease Center, I had found their website when researching the disease after my diagnosis. They provide a ton of great information, and services in the midwest. What I didn't know about was their gift basket program. My dietitian informed me about it a few weeks ago. If you contact the center they'll send you an electronic form asking a few questions about your diagnosis - if you contact them within three months - they'll send you a gift basket, free of charge. They do ask for donations, to continue the program for future patients in need. After receiving my gift basket, I will definitely send them monetary support. This was an incredible gift! The basket included informative literature, coupons, recipes and many samples of GF products. This is an amazing program and service that they provide.

If you'd like to know more about it, or help support their efforts, here is their website: http://www.celiacdisease.net/

Here are some photos of what was included:

1 comment: