Search This Blog

1.15.2010

Penuche

I'm craving these cupcakes right now. I think I probably have all the ingredients on hand....but don't dare make them when I don't have anywhere to take them. If they all stay at home, they will all be eaten.

I used dark chocolate cake mix for the cupcakes, but french vanilla is also really good with this frosting. For gluten-free, use a GF cake mix.  The Penuche tastes sort of like a maple cream....delicious.


Penuche
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup milk
1 to 2 cups powdered sugar

Melt butter in saucepan, add brown sugar. Boil for 2 minutes over low heat. Remove from heat, slowly stir in 1/4 cup milk. Return to heat, bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Add 1 cup powdered sugar. Continue to add small amounts of powdered sugar until frosting is desired consistency for spreading.

4 comments:

  1. I still have never made this, even though you gave me the recipe years ago. Hmmm...you can make some and bring them to Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea this is the best frosting ever! It is one of the few homemade frostings I make. Best on chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa! The frosting turned out great. Chelsey said it was the best cupcake she has ever had!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete