Search This Blog

5.07.2010

Cinco de Mayo

I ususally don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo...but on this May 5th I was craving a margarita, so I decided to just go with it. When Jennie and I lived together we would make margaritas every Wednesday night, along with homemade pizza.....we would drink a whole pitcher of margaritas while watching Lost and wonder why we were even more confused than the average viewer. I have since cut down on margarita consumption....as the calorie count is way too high. But they are so good, and I make a mean one, I must say. So, on May 5th I made margaritas, guacamole and black bean burritos.  'Twas good.
For the burritos, I used one can of black beans, drained and rinsed and then I mashed them in a saucepan with a Tbsp. of EVOO. Once they were heated through, I added some salt and then spread them on a tortilla (gluten-free). I then added shredded jack cheese and rolled them up. I would recommend grilling them at this point on a grill pan or skillet....but I was impatient so I just microwaved them.....I had already had some of my margarita:)
My guacamole recipe is really quite simple. I mash 3 ripe avocados, dice one tomato (I use roma) and then juice half a lime, a splash of tabasco, 2 pressed cloves of garlic, a dash of cumin, a lot of salt and a dash of cayenne. Yummmmmm.

1 comment: