Search This Blog

5.13.2010

Review: Beirut Restaurant

I love, love, love Middle Eastern food. Luke and I used to go to Jerusalem's in Minneapolis all the time.....until we rediscovered Beirut Restaurant. Luke's family used to go there frequently when they visited Minnesota - and it is amazing. The restaurant is located on Robert Street in West St. Paul, here is a link to their website:

http://www.beirutrestaurantanddeli.com/

We usually go there for dinner when Luke's dad is in town, and I try to get everyone to go eat there when they visit us. I crave their hummus...and their tabouli is so fresh and the best I've ever sampled. Here are some photos from our most recent trip there. The white sauce in the cup is garlic, lemon and oil -mostly garlic - and it is Luke's most favorite thing in the world.

Lulu's shawirma sandwich:


My shish ta'ook (chicken) kabob:

Luke's kafta mishwe kabob:

2 comments:

  1. I still think it's funny that the Hjelles would eat Middle Eastern food when they come to MN from.the.Middle East.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we still love Middle Eastern food. We moved to MN not to escape the evil clutches of delicious garlic-laden food, but to be closer to family and cheese curds.

    That reminds me: Beirut garlic sauce (pictured above in the black cup) is the best garlic sauce I've ever tasted. However, it's very potent, so you should clear your schedule for the next day.

    ReplyDelete