Search This Blog

5.04.2010

The Festival of Nations

Each year I attend the Twin Cities Festival of Nations at the St. Paul River Centre.  This year I went with Luke and my sister Lulu and our friends Courtney and Gus. We had a blast, as usual.  We go for the food, but enjoy walking through the shopping area as well. This year we sampled many delights, and posed for some photos as well.

My falafel sandwich from the Palestine booth:
Luke's American Indian fry bread taco:
Lulu's Egyptian hummus:
This is the "Viking in a blanket" from the Norwegian booth....it's a sausage wrapped in lefse, as much as I love both lefse and sausage....I don't recommend this:
Lulu's chicken adobo from the Philippines:
Luke's Polish sausage with kraut and mustard:
My cream horn from the Czech and Slovak booth:
Lulu's Swiss Frosty Kaffee:
Luke's French Eclair:
and Lulu's Dutch Cream Puff:
and here are the pics of us being awesome in front of stereotypical cultural cutouts.

Lulu:
Luke and I:
Courtney and Gus (whose food consumption was not documented on camera):
Luke and Lulu:
and my personal favorite:
Here is the website for the Festival of Nations, I highly recommend attending next year - I know I'll be there!
http://festivalofnations.com/

3 comments:

  1. soo much good food! the creme puff was like the best thing i've ever eaten! mmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I want to try a Viking in a Blanket! How about Swedish meatballs inside lefse? Or lutefisk and potatoes inside lefse?

    I don't think you guys ate nearly enough food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow laura went all out with the sweets huh? That eclair looked awesome......i wanna go next year

    ReplyDelete